The term camauto.com or CAM Auto Developments Ltd or CAM Auto refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is CAM Auto Developments, Unit 11b Tollgate Farm, Tollgate Road, Colney Heath, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0NY. Our company registration number is 3667191.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Unwanted goods for return must be notified to us by clicking here.
We reserve the right to refuse returns if notified after this period. The cost of returning the goods safely to us is your responsibility. We may not be able to accept back non-faulty goods that have been damaged during transit or fitting. Goods must be returned in a re-saleable condition. Some special order items correctly supplied may not be returnable depending on the manufacturer's policy.
Where goods are alleged to be defective, the purchaser agrees to return such goods for inspection and report (without us replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform us of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow us to remedy the defect, failure or interruption.
Goods will either be returned directly to us or directly to one of our suppliers. You must contact us first so that we can provide you with the correct return address.
Details to include with a return
- Your name
- Your daytime telephone number
- Your order number
- The reason for the return
How to Return Goods
In many circumstances it will be simpler for you to return the goods yourself. However, in circumstances where goods are too heavy and/or bulky for you to return, you may wish to use our Courier Service to collect the package from your home or business address. In this event there is a standard administration charge of £10 in addition to the return delivery charge. The parcel(s) must be securely wrapped.
Payment for Return Carriage
If an incorrect or damaged part is being returned then we shall cover the return costs up to a maximum of £12 for heavy items and £7.50 for lighter items. If you have arranged the return then send us a copy of the receipt and we shall refund you as soon as the goods are received back.
If you are returning unwanted goods and we have agreed to take them back then you will have to pay for any return costs.
All warranty claims need to be returned carriage paid unless the manufacturer agrees to pay the carriage in the case of a successful claim. Most of the manufacturers/importers in our market do not credit anybody with warranty carriage costs, but if they do, we will pass it onto you.
If a part has been incorrectly supplied then we shall arrange for the correct part to be sent to you as quickly as possible or you can return the goods for an immediate refund. If you require the correct part to be sent to you before we receive back the incorrect item then we shall require payment for the replacement part which will be immediately refunded when we receive the incorrect part back.
All damaged goods must be reported to us on the day of receipt so that we can claim against the courier. This is a rule imposed by them on us. We shall immediately arrange for the goods to be replaced.
If you decide you do not wish to keep a correctly supplied item then please contact us within 7 days of receipt. In most cases we can agree to take back goods and usually with no handling fee. You just need to cover the return costs. In some cases where we need you to return the goods directly to one of our suppliers we may be charged a handling fee which we will pass on to you. Typical charges are 10-15%.
Unwanted Special Order Goods
We reserve the right to refuse to accept back unwanted goods which are made to special order or which have been specially imported to the UK for you. We shall however accept such items back if we can sell them in a 'reasonable time'. This is in compliance with the UK laws of Trading Standards.